The Forsaken Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malygos remains our undoing

2 posters

Go down

Malygos remains our undoing Empty Malygos remains our undoing

Post  Xenesse Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:30 am

Sad, but true Sad

However, there is room for a lot of improvement.

We lack dps in phase 1 and 2. This includes lack of ranged dps and dps not getting in the sparks. Yesterday we had 2 raid members who weren't doing dps: Pinwinnie, because he's protection specced and Sonichaos.
I would propose that Pinwinnie tanks Malygos and that I respec to fury. I also suggest that for this fight we leave out Sonichaos until his dps is a bit more solid. In his place, we need Naturewrath, Thania and perhaps Snake as moonkin (if his dps as moonkin is solid enough)
That way, we would have 3 ranged dps, 3 melee dps, 3 healers and 1 tank.

For phase 1, we realy need to kill the sparks and get in them. Idealy, Chinga pulls them with his Death Grip and we nuke them down fast.
All dps should be in those sparks all the time. Perhaps we can divide dps in 2 groups, one on each side of Malygos so we can pick up the sparks faster. We need to cut at least 1 minute of that phase, possibly even more.

For phase 2, we first nuke the mobs that come to the ground. First disc that gets available is picked up by Alte, second one by Chinga, third by me, possible 4th by Pinw.
Meanwhile (after ground mobs), ranged can nuke the mobs that are in the air. Yesterday, phase 2 lasted to long because we didn't have ranged dps able to nuke the mobs in the air.

Yesterday we wiped all the time because shortly after phase 2, Malygos enraged (10 min timer) and we basicly got 1-shotted.

For phase 3, the idea would be as follows:
when we get on our dragons, we have a few seconds before we can start attacking the boss. Those few seconds must be used to get a stack of 5 revivify on ourselves. Everyone should cast this on himself!
This revivify lasts 10 seconds. Immediatly after the 5th revivify, 7 players should start nuking Malygos by using the Flame Spike, which should be used 5 times to get 5 combo points (Flame Spike has a 1 sec global cooldown). This should be followed immediatly by Engulf in Flames.
If you play this correctly, you'll have about 2 secs to refresh your revivify. 1 refresh will give you your stack of 5 revivify a new 10 secs duration; enough to start the dps cycle again.
In short for dps'ers in phase 3:

revivify, revivify, revivify, revivify, revivify
flame spike, flame spike, flame spike, flame spike, flame spike, engulf in flames
revivify
flame spike, flame spike, flame spike, flame spike, flame spike, engulf in flames
revivify
revivify

priority is to keep up 5 stacks of revivify at all times (for refreshing between dps cycle, 1 revivify is enough)!
At some point, you may need to move a bit to avoid the clouds that malygos do. you can interrupt you dps cycle for that, but NOT your revivify cycle!
For the dps cycle, it's important to keep the Engulf in Flames DoT up at all times. You may need to cast your engulf in flames after 4 or even 3 flame spikes if you're short on time to refresh your revivify. The Engulf in Flames stack on Malygos, so he should have 7 DoTs on him, idealy.

Apart from the 7 dps'ers, the 3 remaining raid members should stack 5 revivify followed by a Life Burst. after that they get increased healing and they should stack revivify on raid members that need additional healing, but also 1 refresh on themselves and refresh their Life Burst before cooldown is over. Cycle for healers:

revivify, revivify, revivify, revivify, revivify, Life Burst
Revivify (on other target), Revivify (on other target) --- 2 or 3 should be enough since we have 3 healers
revivify (self) and possibly Life Burst
Revivify (on other target), Revivify (on other target) --- 2 or 3 should be enough since we have 3 healers
revivify (self) and possibly Life Burst
Xenesse
Xenesse

Back to top Go down

Malygos remains our undoing Empty Re: Malygos remains our undoing

Post  snakesv Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am

i respec to moonking the day after we did malygos.
this one week i manage to make some great improovments in my healing moonking gear combination and i can gladly say that after some tries in the test dolls
i have 2k dps completely unbuffed.

Also i did a heroic with guild yesterday with buffs and shit my dps went at 3.3k at loken.

what i want to say is taht im completely ready and prepared for the raid today.

also i will join naxramas as moonking today just in case we are fast enough so i will not spend time for respec and gear changes after nax and os.

to be in nax with this spec will give me a more clear idea about this spec and im sure i will be on the top meter again even as moonking if what i saw in the heroic was not luck.

so the only think i hope is to make nax and os maximum in 2 hours today and spend the other 2 in malygos.

p.s when kel dies today people that dont want any loot will imidietly start moving their buts to OS to start the summons as fast as posible.
snakesv
snakesv

Back to top Go down