The Forsaken Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

general philosophy for raids and not

+2
Pinwinnie
snakesv
6 posters

Go down

general philosophy for raids and not Empty general philosophy for raids and not

Post  snakesv Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:47 am

hallo all and welcome to the after raiding test period.

with this post i want all of you to understand what we do here as a guild and how we need to be as people trying for a netrual goal that we share,

having fun and progrres at the same time.

what we did in our new guild those past weeks you all know.

we manage to kill satharion and 5 bosses in nax, so smooth as it was expected after all.

Fun was on top level and that was good especially after all the shit we have beeing through tha last year
with no yelling at all and ofc with people having faith to each other abilities.

But...

the time we needed to relax from the past and leave things behind for good is over.

In this guild we DONT care to have people only for raids and use them like tools and mindless robots.

that is why we are accepting here people that only want to have gchat ,backdoor conv's and the feeling that they have a warm invaironment in the game
(my english suxs i know it Razz!!!)

you want to be in guild and have fun? good , welcome then and enjoy your self out.

you want to be a member and also do Raid?

Good, but we need to know that!!!

what i mean is this

IF somenone want to be part of the raiding team also some things must be in cosnideration..like..

be prepared for the raid=> read tactics see videos ,have focus!!!consumables addons and everything.
in other words check guilds program of what we raid and be prepared for that.

Raid is not playground.

that is simply because things must hapen for a raid to start.

people need to arange to be online, with their jobs their girls and their personal program RL.

that means that for a raid people are messing with their RL time to come online and you all know that it is not easy for 10 or 25 people to be online at the same time.

So. respect of the time we use for raid's is must.

and by respecting i mean that none must act like mindless ass,be focused to what the raid leader says or type (pinwinnie and me for now)and do a good use of the time we all spare from our lifes for that cause.

FUN and PROGRES are nice to have, but for fun in a raid we need to progres and for that all i said above must be done.

if people dont respect the above OFC not a kick from guild is hapening but there is a certain ban from the guild raid activities until that person rethink his ideas for about the raid and how one must act like in it and again be prepared for it=>the raid!!!

a raid need 4 hours maximum for someone to spare from his life during raiding days. OFC if someone have a problem and need to go he can go but if this hapens regurarly and leave the raid with less people in the half way of it ban from raid is hapening until he or she find again the time to spare.

we dont want negative moods in raids also so if you feel bad or down in a certain day its beter to inform us and skip the day before entering, before you say anything that might ruin the mood of the raid.

what we want here from people is the following e.x.

omg what a hard boss Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy oh shit we wiped for 10th time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy can i say my idea in case its beter than the one we use?no? its ok np Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy yes? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

that was it for raids.
now if someone of the raid team want to step out after some time to relax and rejoin again after again some more time ofc we can talk about it But the most importand thing is that we need to be informed from you about what you want and not leave things in random.

and something last.

mic is not must But listening the voice chat is!!!

some general's

we dont swear in g chat and we use english plz .other lang usage must be folowed by oups soz albino

be ur selfs and enjoy
snakesv
snakesv

Back to top Go down

general philosophy for raids and not Empty Re: general philosophy for raids and not

Post  snakesv Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:53 am

Also about bugs.

You can pug your self out every week if you are not in the raid team.

if you are in the raid team pug only raids that dont mess with the guild program by checking the celendar.

Info exp and gear that will help us, as guild also for you to have we need,if an oportinuty apears in you with a pug.
snakesv
snakesv

Back to top Go down

general philosophy for raids and not Empty Re: general philosophy for raids and not

Post  Pinwinnie Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:54 pm

Have to descency to show up on time, 19:00 start means you are not scratching your dick in Dalaran till you get a summon, it means u are next to the summoning stone/instance portal at 19:00. (if u have party, are too sick to play, or whatever let us know, like posting on forum; so you are not wasting the time of 9 or even 24 others)

We (whoever is doing invites or explaining tactics) is not there to hold your hand and guide you through every button you push. For example, if we go Malygos (calendar, guildchat), you DO NOT refuse a summon to the Eye, because you are standing in Naxx. And hell, you DO NOT start bugging the one that is doing invites with whispers where to go. We are not going to tell everyone in person where he has to go. That is YOUR responsibility, YOU want to raid, so YOU put some effort into it.
Pinwinnie
Pinwinnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenesse Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:25 pm

About raids: general rules and code of conduct

1. Show up on time!

all to often we loose valueable time because people are late without warning.
make sure that if you're late, you let someone know.

2. Know where to be!

In the calender, you can find which raid we are planning.
Make sure you're next to the entrance of the instance at raid start.

3. Prepare!

Make sure your gear is fully repaired before we start.
Make sure you have the necessary pots/food in advance.

4. Read up on tactics!

Tactics can be found everywhere on the internet.
There are already some posts with tacts on our forum.
Make sure you read up on the tactics for the bosses we plan on doing.

5. Be ready for invite!

At raid hour, the raid leader will start the invites.
If you want to join, make sure you're not in another group and accept the invite.
Since we cannot invite every member in the raid, we expect that those who do get an invite accept it.
Joining raids is something you should be proud of: we think you have what it takes to clear what we set out to clear.

6. Raid times!

Wednesday, 19.00h server time
Thursday, 20.00h server time
Monday, 19.00h server time

7. Be a group player!

We do not need ego-trippers in our raids. We work as a team and we try to improve ourselves as a team.
Be ready to give AND accept tips/remarks about how any fight should be handled.
If tacts/remarks are unclear to you, ask about them.
Do not go afk without any warning. Be ready to take on the next group of mobs/boss at all times.

8. Learn to share!

We pass on all boss loots!! Afterwards, those who need an item announce it in raid chat.
You either need an item or you don't... no need to say 'if noone wants it, i'd like it'
We hand out loot to those who need it most. Learn to accept loot when we give it to you.
Also learn to pass on loot because someone else has better use of it.

9. Learn to 'read' the fight!

Generaly, the tanks move in first.
kill order: skull, X, circle, square
sometimes a fight will be healing intensive, dps'ers may need to help a hand at healing.
sometimes a fight will be dps intensive, healers may need to help dps a bit.
If none-tanks agro mobs, don't run around panicking... move to the tanks so they can grab them.

10. Enable voice chat!

Make sure you can hear voice chat. When anyone is talking, do not interrupt.
There will be no yelling over voice.
Xenesse
Xenesse

Back to top Go down

general philosophy for raids and not Empty Raids and timezones (for our UK malakes)

Post  Pinwinnie Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Slow as they are in the UK, it is only 6pm local time when we start our raids at 7pm server time (8pm greek time).

As we understand it can be quite a challenge to be online at 6pm local time with work and dinner we propose the following (only for UK players):
  • Get online between 7pm and 8pm server time.
  • If the raid has already started, and you would like to join: poke an officer and tell you are ready to raid
  • You will get swapped in as soon as we can. Please note that swapping with trash on a respawn timer or in the middle of a boss fight is NOT an option. You might have to wait a while before we have a chance to swap you into the raid. Also note that it might not be your turn and you will have to sit on the reserves bank anyways.
Pinwinnie
Pinwinnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sie Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:17 am

you know if we could Im sure we would love to change the time zones n stop our bosses from making us work unreasonable hours, but as it is, it's just a pain in the ass (careful Bod don't get excited!) and we'll have to deal with it...

Sie

Back to top Go down

Post  Waylander Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:45 pm

If raids actually are 7pm start time now. I probably will never make the start of a raid now. I'm not a big fan of the idea of swappping people around all the time during a raid unless its for a special reason (favour on a boss for lewt) or to cover someone who isn't able to stay on.

So if raids are now 7pm server time I will probably have to withdraw from mainstay raiding other than covering people if you need.

Sorry gang

Waylander

Back to top Go down

Post  snakesv Thu May 07, 2009 8:37 pm

we are going to check again about the hours because many people are not happy as it is now. just wait a little bit all
snakesv
snakesv

Back to top Go down

Post  Waylander Mon May 11, 2009 2:16 pm

No! i want now.. NOW NOW NOW hehe

Sorry couldn't help myself snake hehe

Waylander

Back to top Go down

Post  Naturewrath Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:00 pm

I suggest we start making raiding times into game calendar with invites....that's the only sure way we know who comes and who doesn't.
It seems writing stuff in here and telling ppl to let us know in forums is a waste of time since only 3 or 4 ppl watch the forums/feel like they should actually register to them...

this is bullshit.We can't get any organized raids untill someone smacks those ppl on their heads if you ask me.Every week it's the same story...and every week we repeat to use the forums....either some are really really dumb or really ignorant,and it's starting to piss me off now. ffs,it's been about 4 months and every single week it's the same.We got ppl complaining why they can't get into a raid,we got ppl absent for no obvious reason,etc.Then every once a month when we finally get a good grp together (everyone on their main specc) we pwn that place,and then we wait for another month to get that setup again...come on ppl....

I know almost no one reads this,but at least the officers do....so i suggest we give someone the task to start entering raids into callendar and send invites(either RL or someone else....even i can do it if needed)...then if ppl don't respond,they are banned from that raid.Simple as that...if they can't see a blinking icon when they play and can't click yes or no,then no use for them being in the actual raid....

this might be a post for officers,but i want everyone that actually uses the forums to see this.

WAKE UP ppl bounce
Naturewrath
Naturewrath

Back to top Go down

Post  Naturewrath Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:05 pm

aha,nevermind the last post...didn't see the notes about new guild Smile

still,i think the callendar thing should be concidered,as should be seriousness of some ppl Wink
Naturewrath
Naturewrath

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down